Vicious dogs should be banned

The Board of Aldermen has put more teeth into an ordinance governing vicious dogs in this city.

The ordinance does not go far enough in our opinion.

Pit bulls should be banned from public parks and spaces – and in fact, they should be banned entirely in the city.

The identification of a dog as vicious, in most instances, is usually about pit bulls.

Beagles, aren’t vicious. Labs aren’t vicious. Even German Shepherds aren’t vicious.

Pit bulls are vicious. The people who raise them and who walk them with heavy chains and who us them for personal protection do not aid in making the streets and parks safer.

Pit bulls inside homes are a danger to children and to the elderly.

In Lynn last week, a great grandmother, 76, was mauled by a pit bull.

The pit bull was put down as a result – and as a result, that particular vicious animal will never again attack a grandmother or maul a child.

Animal lovers are generally appalled about calls for banning certain animals.

After all, they point out, animals are a bit like people.

Some are vicious and some aren’t.

All animals shouldn’t be judged by the actions of some animals.

Pit bulls are largely responsible for more mauling of innocents than any other dog in Massachusetts.

They are a dangerous, vicious breed and we’re sorry to say, they reflect the general tendencies of their owners in many, many cases.

The owner of the pit bull that mauled the 76-year old great grandmother hid from police and tried to pin the ownership of the dog on his mother.

This was a very nice touch.

Then the pit bull owner tried to pin the mauling on the elderly woman, who, they claim, entered their apartment without knocking, which caused the pit bull to maul her.

Pit bulls were once a favored breed in America – but not anymore.

All pit bulls aren’t vicious and dangerous – just most of them.

The aldermen are right to re-visit dog rules and regulations for vicious dogs.

When you think about it, some people we know should be categorized the same way as dogs, as vicious individuals and removed from the general public in the name of public safety.

Pit bulls are vicious maulers. If you see one coming toward, get out of the way, because there’s a good chance the next one mauled will be you or one of your loved ones.

210 comments for “Vicious dogs should be banned

1. A. Merc <3s Pit Bulls
    April 4, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Pit Victim: That is a very, very slippery slope you travel down if you wish to accuse anyone who's standing up for pit bulls as being dog fighting sponsors or partakers.

Also, this entire argument has simply confirmed my suspicions, that we cannot have a serious conversation with you, PitVictim. Not when you are changing peoples names to involve bodily fluids. I may be twenty years old and “not out of diapers” but I know when someone is changing people's names to Poop and Piss that they should be avoided and ignored at all costs.

I am home from college for the week, and have had the spare time to go on this website and fight for a cause with raucous, fact vomiting ignoramus. When I go back to school I'm sure I won't have the time to go on this everyday. What about you, PitVictim? Have you no family, no job, no life other than attempting to ban a breed of dog to satisfy your personal urges?

Your hands are obviously deep in the mix of this mess since you know about a Cafe Press Pit Nutter website (a hard find even for the avid Googler) and this all further proves that you have dedicated your life to fear mongering and following blindly behind Dogsbite.org and blogspot URLs.

For me, I can only feel sorry for you. I and others know the love of a AmStaffs and APBTs and know that many of them have pasts that would make your skin crawl–we love them for their resiliency and ability to exist after being abused and forced to fight its own kind. I know the kind of love they give back–and you never will.

Call me a dog fighter, accuse me of being a baby, change my name to A.Merc <3s Poop, what have you. I am as unfazed as if a mouthy toddler was babbling Gobbledegook at me–I have no concern for what they are saying, because it is simply nonsense.

I hope you find some sort of love in your life, or maybe another outlet. I, and many others, feel sorry for you.

2. ohiobullylover
    April 4, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Have you actually read this research? Several of these “attacks” that are reported don't even involve injuries! This site is obviously biased. If there are no injuries and no harm done, then it isn't an “attack” and an unbiased site would not even include these incidents. This website is obviously going for quantity over quality to try and increase the hype. You're still an idiot.

3. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Aren't you late for your skateboarding lessons? I told you I don't discuss grown up issues with a child, Merc. Mommy's calling you, better run. Does she know you are on the computer?

4. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Have read each and every one of them. This site compiles the media stories. It would biased if it left any media report out. As it stands it is very unbiased. You're still a pit nutter, you wish you could move up to an idiot.

5. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 7:19 pm

There are three distict differences between me and the person who writes dogsbite.org

1) I have actual experience working with and training dogs. Seems like something that would be nice to know in this situation.

2) I've formed my opinion on the matter based on reading all of the information available — including the reality that every single organization of professionals with knowledge about dogs agrees with the position that BSL is poor policy. Not only that, but well respected dog trainers like Ian Dunbar are strongly opposed to BSL. I guess I'd expect someone who has an opinion that disagrees with everyone with real working knowledge of dogs that they would have some level of expertise in which to form that opinion….

3) I've never supported and given an award to someone for having a 23% increase in dog bites in his community as the man of the year. I support good policies — regardless of who makes it.

And, for the record, I've never had to result to namecalling in order to make me seem more right than someone else — which makes me vastly unique from you.

6. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Ahh, good, more name-calling all around. Always the best way to approach things is to call people names and hope people don't notice that you have nothing to say that can be substantiated.

I'm a man of my own mind — and while I agree with Winograd on many things, not on all. But I think overall he has a lot of good to say and a good many lives would be saved if more people followed what he's doing. It's obvious that you have a personal beef with him — fine, whatever. But make that between you and him.

7. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 7:28 pm

I was simply correcting your mistatement….which was that Toledo's ordinance could no longer be declared unconstitutional. You know, trying to provide actual information around here instead of just name-calling and insults? You should try it some time.

Anyway, I'd beg to differ about Skeldon being the best frind pits had in Toledo. Skeldon did a nice job of trying to paint himself as the victim in the case, but it's no coincidence that policies that led to the deaths of thousands of pit bull type dogs are being reviewed only months after him being pressured out of office.

8. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 7:35 pm

KCDogPoop, you tried to butter up Terrierman once you realized he was on to you and now you are trying to do the same with me. I am not one of Winograd's gulliable, ignorant followers and I don't fall for it. And I have never seen anything from you that wasn't put there by your puppetmaster. You are the one who has nothing to offer that can be substantiated. I'm not name calling, just using a better description for your blog.

9. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Oh, get off it. You see all the things I have been called on this comment section and you will get around to it. You're just trying to impress people right now, thinking they will fall for your bs. Skeldon did the right thing, he wasn't a victim, he RETIRED. His relative was recently placed on the animal commission. How bad can he be if they still want a part of him as the voice of reason in Toledo through his relative? He was the best friend of the pits because unlike the “Savior” pit groups, he wouldn't adopt them out to degenerates under the guise of pits get a “Bad Rap”. He was also a friend to the taxpayers by protecting them from lawsuits from the attacks of pits. He was not pressured out of office, he chose to retire. He was not fired, he was not dismissed, nothing other than retirement.

10. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Ok, then I should also point out that the Kansas City Veterinary Medical Association, the one In Colorado and the one in Florida. Again, it sure leads more credence to vets being against BSL than your unsubstantiated 100 to 1 in favor. Which is funny.

And now my vet doesn't care about animals? This makes yet another completely unsubstantiated claim that you've made here.

And again, this is why you are dangerous. You say Skeldon protected people from the dogs and the taxpayers from lawsuits — and yet, they had multiple court cases against them (even one going to the surpreme court) that the taxpayers had to pay for — including the most recent one that the law again got declared unconstitutional. How much did the taxpayers pay for this? And dog bites in Toledo are much higher per capita than they are in the rest of the state and were up 23% last year. How is that protecting the public? Again, promoting failure as the “Ideal” is frightening…frightening indeed.

The only problem the UK has are the ones I”m creating? Really? Wow, I didn't realize I was that powerful. They've had a 66% increase in dog attacks over the last 12 years with their breed ban because it's not enforcable. Here's the article. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1235851… If you can think of a way that I caused that, I'd love to hear the logic…otherwise I'll figure it's another unsubstantiated claim.

And the entire city of Denver doesn't talk to me? Wow. That's crazy.

Actually, even better, they talk to the media. You can read their quotes here:

and here

where they even admit they don't know. Meanwhile, a report done by the pesky veterinarians again in Colorad points out that Denver has one of the highest hospitalization rates per capita of any city in the state of Colorado.

As for Lancaster, call me skeptical that a dog law dropped violent crime (rape, murder, assault) by 45%. That doesn't even make logical sense.

11. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Who you trying to convince, me or yourself? Actual experience? You housebroke your dog and now you are an expert, huh? You don't even look at the reasons as to why all those organizations are against BSL, do you? It's called money. Dog fighters and pit breeders have lots of money to throw around making people see their side. Has nothing to do with what is right. You look at face value of remarks rather than researching them thoroughly. That's all a puppet knows to do.

Number 3 is surely a joke, KCDogPoop. You support Winograd and his program that has caused unnecessary suffering for shelter animals. You wouldn't know a good policy if it bit you. You do what you are told to do and you speak what you are told to speak. And you most certainly do name call, have seen it from you before and you will do it again before this is over.

http://www.pitattacksbystate.blogspot.com PREVENT THE DEED, REGULATE THE BREED

12. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Well, at least you are sticking to unsubstantiated claims….which goes right up your ally of having an insulting nickname for everyone that disagrees with you….which appears to be everyone.

13. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Ooo, I think I see a trend here. Someone disagrees with you, and you call them a name (and sometimes even include an unsubstantiated claim). You're setting a class example of exaclty why people should believe the experts who use research and hands on experience to make their recommendations vs mere name-calling.

14. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 8:04 pm

You failed to mention the splinter groups of vets breaking away from the AVMA and others who don't support BSL. But what else would I expect from you? And look how you are using media reports when you so easily condemn others for using media reports. What does that say about you, KCDogPoop? Whether you believe the Lancaster report or not doesn't matter because it is out there and it will do a lot of damage for the pit nutters. Course it doesn't make sense to you, it won't until your puppetmaster calls and tells you how to feel about it. You continue to get it wrong about the UK. They are getting hotter and hotter about their pit attacks. Seems even with a ban, pit nutters, not the most law abiding citizens, continue to bring in pits. They didn't quite get it before but now they will enforce it since the attacks are becoming almost as bad as the US.

Distorting the truth again about Denver. You are trying to make people think that the hospitals in Denver only serve Denver residents. Those outside of Denver, the areas without a ban, also go to those reporting hospitals. So you pull your little tricks out of a hat and add in those outside incidents to make the picture look bad. Sorry but the officials in Denver are wise to that old trick and they aren't falling for it. You are counting on the layperson to not know the difference, the old Winograd trick.

And you obviously think all vets care about animals. News for ya, they don't. Vets take the sides of those who pay the best and that is breeders. Money talks and vets listen. Again you just cruise looking at things and never stop and find out the truth about it.

15. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 8:04 pm

Please provide actual evidence that dog fighters are backing every veterinary group, dog training group, shelter group, and even the National Animal Contral Association in the nation. I'd LOVE to see that. Oh, wait, it's straight out of Kory Nelson's letter that he sends cities to encourage them to pass BSL.

And you call me a puppet?

If you're going to accuse me of name calling — please, again, point it out. Substantiate SOMETHING here. And even if I were to call you something now, wouldn't it at least be a bit understandable after you have done nothing here but call names, hurl insults, make unsubstantiated claims and accuse people of being in bed with felons?

16. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 8:09 pm

Sorry, I've provided statistics and links. That seems pretty well substantiated. Again, if you have qualms with Winograd, you can take them up with him yourself.

And I'm not trying to butter you up. I know who you are and know that your hatred for Winograd runs so deep that you will never change your opinion. It's the great thing about America, everyone is entitled to their own opinion…..but just not their own facts. So I'm just trying to provide a little substance here amonst the name calling.

17. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 8:10 pm

You can go to http://www.DogsBite.org for that info you requested, no problem. Everything can be explained at DBO and substantiated there. But you won't do that will you? You don't want to know the truth.

All I have done is given a better descriptive name to your blog, KCDogPoop. I could call you a first class a*****e or a dumb b*****d but I won't. I actually feel sorry for you because of your lack of an ability to think for yourself.

18. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 8:12 pm

I think they are right cute names and certainly are closer to the truth.

19. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 8:13 pm

He “retired” two weeks after a vote was brought up to remove him from office. Does the news article sound like someone who just retired off into the sunset? Really?

20. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Looks like you've run out of anything to say and now you are stuck on the name calling bit. There's enough here to show laypeople how crazed pit nutters are. That was the whole purpose of my taking time to respond to these ridiculous nutters. You can't preach to anyone about researching because I have yet to see where you ever do any. http://www.pitattacksbystate.blogspot.com

21. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 8:20 pm

There you go again. You have no idea who I am. And you've provided absolutely nothing.

22. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Oh, I'm familiar with their little website. And of course, none of the claims that all of these groups are funded by first class felons is substantiate there either. Just the same “follow the money” lines that you have here — which are straight out of the Kory Nelson letter. So you've now repeated something straight from Terrierman's blog and from Kory's letter, and you say I can't think for myself? Please.

See, and this is where you've gone astray. You are so pent up with anger that your entire opinion is based on hate and name-calling because if they disagree with you, they HAVE to be getting money from dog fighters, or mindless puppets, or whatever. So instead of making rational decisions based on facts, you're blinded by anger. Life's too short for that.

23. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Read your link again. There is nothing there about a “vote” being taken. One member, a rather “funny” member, was to bring it up. In other words, you are distorting the truth again. And the other members must have not gone along with it because they are the ones who put Skeldon's relative on the animal commission. If Skeldon was so bad, would that have happened? Would they not have broken all the ties rather than establishing one? See how you overlook things and never tell the complete truth about it.

24. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 8:25 pm

This is probably a good one to sign off on — I'm pretty sure when people read through they'll see who resorted to name calling as their primary proof point and who actually provided links — including links to the position statements of every professional organization in the country that deals with dogs. I do think you've done a nice job of painting the picture of who is who in this argument.

And with that, I've wasted enough time here.

25. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Here's the link to the vote that took place two weeks before he stepped down under political pressure.

26. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Anger? You damn right I'm angry. I see the faces of the pit victims and get angry. I express sympathy while the pit nutters make excuses for a killer pit, that makes me angry. People who try to twist the truth AKA KCDogPoop make me angry. At least you got one thing straight.

27. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 8:36 pm

News for you, you've been wasting your time for a long time. And the only thing that people will see here is how hateful and lying pit nutters are. My anger is understandable because I fight to save lives. Your agenda, on the other hand, is not quite so noble because you want to defend a breed of dog that was bred for one thing, killing. Here you go using organizations to prove your point when you condemn these same organizations on your blog. Have you no shame?

28. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 8:37 pm

If you were really concerned about the victims, why are you so supportive of Skeldon and Denver — which have two of the highest dog bites per capita in their repective states? Why not support someone who actually has something going on that is working to eliminate victims?

29. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 8:41 pm

No organization is either right all the time, or wrong all the time. I give credit where credit is due and criticism where I feel it is warranted. It's not a black and white world where everything is all good or all evil. And you'd see the world a lot differently if you didn't see it that way. Instead, you see with only anger and hatred — and you name call and accuse anyone who disagrees with you as being funded by dog fighters.

It's just amazing that all of those organizations — with wildly different goals, has come to the same conclusion on BSL.

30. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Do you read your own links? Even the head of the animal control organization praised Skeldon. Again you are trying to distort the truth about Denver and Toledo. There is a big difference between a bite and a mauling/fatality. A bite might require a bandaid, whereas a pit mauling requires life saving procedures. Break out these bites and see what you come up with.

I am working to support BSL, that will do it. Why don't you do something constructive for a change instead of “wasting” our time with your distortions of the truth?

31. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Geez, you really don't read your links, do you? They voted AGAINST firing him. And believe me, Skeldon would never bow down to political pressure. He just didn't want to endure the bullshit anymore. Hope he applies for the LA position, he would be a good one. You're just not swift enough, KCDogPoop.

32. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 8:51 pm

What's so amazing, KCDogPoop, money talks. These organizations are non profits and they know the breeders and fighters have money and they rely on donations, duh. Our grassroots movement has no money but we are managing to make headway. Course the pits help with their daily maulings and deaths. You really don't have a clue, do you?

33. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Hmm, in the Denver study, it tracked “hospitalizations” per capita from dog bites and Denver was the single largest in the entire state. Seems like being hospitalized is a sign of being seriously injured and not just a nip.

Toledo doesn't track the seriousness of the bites.

Meanwhile, I'm here because BSL has been a failure pretty much everywhere. And I'm trying to prevent people like you — who disagree with all of the experts out there – -from pushing through irresponsible legislation that makes citizens less safe.

34. A. Merc <3s Pit Bulls
    April 4, 2010 at 8:56 pm

I'm sure every 20 year old in the universe would love to know that they are officially classified as children and not worthy of an adult conversation.

I am done with this discussion because any reader of this website can see your highlighter yellow flaws and blatantly childish antics.

The 20 year old acted a lot more mature than you did, my friend. While I merely likened you to notorious stupid celebrities, you decided to bring out the human excrement names like a prepubescent boy and chant them around like some sort of idiotic rain dance.

Again, I hope you find something or someone to enrich your life better than attacking a breed and spewing nonsense.

I told Mommy that you were concerned about me being on the computer and she told me to tell you one big great giant F*ck off, straight from Mama Merc.

Toodles, PitVictim, if none of us write on here–what are you going to do with yourself?

35. A. Merc <3s Pit Bulls
    April 4, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Anybody with any form of neurological function, cease writing on here so PitVictim can take a shower, leave his/her house, and find something better to do, like, I don't know–have a life?

Peace, Love and Pitties<3

36. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 8:58 pm

I didn't say they voted him out. I said that he resigned under political pressure. So it's just a coincidence that he resigned 2 weeks after a vote was taken to possibly oust him? Oh, I see, just “sick of the bullshit”. Which seems like bailing due to political pressure…but hey, if that makes you feel better.

LA knows better. And again, here you are with the “he would be a good one” in spite of the high kill rate of animals and in spite of the high bite rate of humans. You like him because he hates pit bulls, not because he actually did a good job at either of the two things city animal controls are supposed to do.

37. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 9:04 pm

I'm sure HSUS is ROLLING in dog fighter money. LOL. As is the ASPCA, Best Friends and the myriad other groups that spend a significant amount of money shutting down dog fighting operations. That doesn' t even come close to making sense. When I talk about being blinded by hate — this is exactly what I'm talking about.

38. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 10:08 pm

You finally guessed something right for a change. Of course they are but only from the big ones, not the little nitshit ones that they bust. The professional dog fighting world is basically paying to having their competitors busted. That's pretty simple to understand. Oh, and do they ever love Best Fiends! If there ever was a pit pimping group, it's the cult of Best Fiends. You don't understand how to manipulate, only how to be manipulated. And manipulation is what is happening with the professional dog fighters. Without that support, they might not be able to carry on all the other good work they do. And I have to agree with it because they do so much good otherwise. Once things start moving along, they'll jump into bed with the BSL group before it is over.

39. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Just like a child to run to Mommy when things don't go your way. Little boys should not be playing grown up games and your Mommy should have taught you that. So tell her that I return the F**k off and to keep her little boy where he belongs.

40. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 10:13 pm

There is no peace and no love as long as “pitties” are around and kids are being raised like you. You're a great example of why we need to ban pits.

41. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 10:18 pm

KCDogPoop, how ridiculous you are. Yeah, right, they voted in his favor and that was “political pressure” that made him retire. He was already up for retirement, took his vacation time and this may seem to you that he left early. DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Do you even know how to do research? You don't even read the links you provide.

42. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 10:23 pm

There you go folks. The person who thinks pit bull bans are a good idea thinks HSUS, the ASPCA and Best Friends are accepting money from dog fighters that they then use to bust their competitive dog fighters. No evidence of this mind you, just Pit Victim's opinion.

Those are some pretty serious charges with nothing to base it on.

Crazy.

43. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 10:24 pm

DogPoop, do your research on those numbers. Stop trying to distort the truth. Hospitals don't just take those proving they live in the City of Denver and you are counting those incidents on people living outside the city limits as well thinking that will prove your point. It doesn't, it just proves that you take things at face value or your distort for your own agenda. Same thing in Toledo and anywhere. Hospitals don't limit their patience to an address, they take them from the County or wherever as well as their own city patients. And you are here because you want to impress your false Messiah. You know BSL is working very well in many more places than not. But your blinders only allow you to see what you are told to see.

44. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Oh sure. Someone in Greely is getting bitten by a dog and then driving to Denver to check into the hospital to get treatment.Yeah, that makes sense.

I use the best information available and base my decision based on that. At this point, you really have nothing — but so far, I've produced a dog bite study on the state of Colorado and quotes from the Head of Denver Animal Control Doug Kelly saying that he can't prove BSL has worked at all. And your discrediting is that Denver's numbers come from people driving in from out of town to be hospitalized?!

Wow. Just wow.

45. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 10:37 pm

You condemn HSUS and the ASPCA to hell and back on your blog but now suddenly you won't believe this about them? You are so funny, pathetic but funny. HSUS and the ASPCA don't know who is a dog fighter when they receive a donation, dogmen don't exactly send them a check saying “I fight pit bulls”. They don't take it knowingly but they do get it. What is crazy is that you haven't read about this on the dog fighters blogs because I'm quite sure you probably get all your information from those blogs. Then again, I would say the dogmen wouldn't want this to be known, would they? They have an easy way to get rid of their competition and it is all legit. Write a check and make a phone call to give a tip about a competitor. Since you SAY you can't believe this when you believe everything else bad about HSUS and the ASPCA, does that mean you are trying to cover for the dogmen?

46. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 10:50 pm

So now I am covering for dogfighters too? Brilliant.

So let me get this straight. You think HSUS (and the ASPCA) don't support BSL because they are funded by dog fighters. You think dog fighters give anonymous checks to these organizations that the orgs use to shut down competitive dog fighting organizations. And that based on the anonymous $$ they don't realize they're getting from dog fighters, they've set policy to protect getting the money?

That's quite the circular logic that doesn't make any sense at all — and once again, you've provided nothing, zero, to substantiate.

At some point, maybe instead of just trying to create logic that dog fighters are controlling everyone's stances on breed specific legislation (rescue groups, HSUS, ASPCA, Best Friends, The National Animal Control Association, Vets, dog training groups, etc), maybe you can work with the evidence that actually exists — which is that they all disagree on almost every topic EXCEPT that BSL is warranted or works.

47. A. Merc <3s Pit Bulls
    April 4, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Too bad I have a vagina, idiot.

48. PitVictim
    April 4, 2010 at 11:07 pm

That is exactly what I am saying. That outoftowners come into the hospitals in Denver and that skews the numbers. And all the studies that are needed have been provided in the form of http://www.DogsBite.org. DBO can easily show you to be the foolish person you are with your distortions. I don't need any other links because DBO has been good enough to compile it all right there.

” Heck, while Denver's bite numbers have gone down, even they admit that they don't really know if the breed ban had anything to do with it.” Are you talking out of both sides of your mouth? That along with not believing Lancaster's BSL reduced their crime when the Mayor there says otherwise. says that you don't accept anything that makes a positive difference. Even San Francisco with their mandatory spay/neuter (MSL) has nothing but good to say about it. Council Bluff loves their BSL. Maybe you need to read this: http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/one-citys-experienc

You continue to show that you will resist anything connected with BSL, even if it works. You really don't want this problem to end do you?

49. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 11:15 pm

So, complete coincidence that he just decides, out of the blue, to retire, two weeks after being put to a vote on whether or not he should be fired and increasing political scrutiny. Um, Ok. Heck, if you read the article I linked to, he notes that he didn't plan to retire until sometime in 2011, and then, 2 weeks later, he retires 2 years early.

50. kcdogblog
    April 4, 2010 at 11:23 pm

And now we've come to the problem. You think you don't need any other links because all the studies you need come from one source.

That is a problem. When you go to only one source for your information, you're not really going to be the most informed source are you? Especially when that one source has no knowledge of dogs at all. It's called group think…and you've become a poster child for the concept and your one-stop-shopping for information.