April is National Social Security Month, a time dedicated to educating the American public about our programs and services. During this month, Social Security and its partners promote educational materials the public to emphasize the importance of financial planning.
The focus of this year’s National Social Security Month is to highlight the timesaving features of the my Social Security account. Our focused transactions are to:
• Request a replacement Social Security card
• Set up or change direct deposit
• Get a proof of income letter
• Change your address
• Check the status of your Social Security application
• Get a Social Security 1099 form (SSA-1099)
Please join us in promoting these messages, tools, and educational materials through our online services, and in celebrating National Social Security Month.
You can share with your coworkers or clients. Social Security is with you through life’s journey.